What is Intra-company Transfer Visa in the UK?

Image Credit:

An applicant for this type of visa must have a confirmed job offer from the UK division of their present employer. The employer must provide the applicant with a Certificate of Sponsorship and be in possession of a current Intra-company Transfer sponsorship licence (CoS).

There is no need to speak English. Additionally, unlike Skilled Worker visa applications, neither the applicant nor their employer must get a Restricted CoS, which greatly shortens the processing time for visas.

Shareholdings held by the applicant for an intra-company transfer visa are not subject to any restrictions, thus businesspeople who own any shares in UK-based companies are eligible to apply through this method.

Contrary to skilled worker immigrants, those who hold an intra company transfer visa UK are not eligible to seek for indefinite leave to remain after five years in the UK.

Requirements for this Intra-Company Transfer Visa

If you want to qualify for this Intra-Company Transfer Visa, then you will have to satisfy the following requirements for UK Immigration and Visas:

  • You must be at least 18 years old
  • You must be presently employed by an approved organisation that has been permitted by the Home Office as your sponsor
  • You are employed by your sponsor, or any business linked to your sponsor either by ownership, or outside the UK, for a minimum period of 12 months, unless you can earn in the UK £73,900 or more
  • You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship that is issued by your current sponsor for your job that you are planning to do
  • The job you are currently planning to do is genuine
  • The job you are currently planning to do is at a suitable skill level
  • You will be paid a minimum of £41,500 or at the ‘going rate’ for your current job, whichever is higher
  • Your sponsor has already paid any Immigration Skills Charge as required
  • You have got sufficient money to support yourself without depending on public funds
  • You have submitted a valid TB certificate, if needed.

Your particular situation will decide the exact conditions that you must meet. For professional guidance, it will be better to talk to an immigration attorney.

Image Credit:

Duration of employment requirement for Intra-Company Visa 

In case, you are trying to apply for this Transfer Visa now and you are getting less than £73,900 in a year then you must be presently working for your sponsor, or a certain business linked to your present sponsor by ownership, outside of the UK, for a minimum period of 12 months.

This 12 months’ work period outside the UK must have been accumulated over a period if you were working continuously for the sponsor group, either in the UK or overseas, continuously for 12 months before the date of application.

Any breaks have been for the following reasons only:

  • Maternity leave
  • Paternity leave
  • Parental leave
  • Adoption leave
  • Sick leave

This must be assisting only with a certain national/international humanitarian/environmental crisis or taking part in certain lawful industrial action.

If you are receiving £73,900 in a year or more then you need not have to be employed for any specific period of time.