If you are involved in a car accident, you will likely feel overwhelmed, physically hurt, and stressed out. A car crash can leave you dealing with serious injuries, medical bills, and lost wages. As a result, you may not know where to turn or what to do next.
The best thing you can do is contact an auto accident attorney, Portland. A Portland personal injury attorney will help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Continue reading along to learn about the most prevalent causes of car accidents in Portland, and actions you should avoid taking after a car accident.
What Are Some Frequent Causes Of Car Accidents?
Car Collision Accidents in Portland are often caused by:
- Speeding: When people are driving too fast, they may not have sufficient reaction time. This means they cannot brake safely if a car stops or slows down in front of them.
- Distracted Driving: These negligent actions range from texting and talking on the phone, to checking GPS and manipulating the radio. Any activity that takes the drivers attention off of the road is dangerous.
- Drunk Driving: An intoxicated driver lacks the ability to make good decisions. This can lead to car accidents, injuries and fatalities.
- Drowsy Driving: It’s important to get a good night’s sleep before hitting the road, as driving while feeling drowsy can be just as dangerous as driving under the influence.
- Reckless Driving: Tailgating, swerving in and out of traffic and driving aggressively can cause serious accidents and put other drivers at risk.
- Failure To Follow The Mandated Traffic Regulations: This includes running a red light or stop sign, driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and making illegal turns.
What Should You NOT Do Following A Car Accident?
- Do not leave the scene of the accident. This is a crime in most states.
- Do not admit fault, even if you think you may have been at fault.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your automobile crash accident attorney or insurance company.
- Do not sign any documents without consulting Portland personal injury lawyers.
- Do not make any statements to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Do not agree to a settlement without talking to your Portland motorcycle accident lawyer
- Do not ignore your injuries, even if they seem minor. Get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Do not drive your car until it has been inspected by a mechanic.
Contact A Portland Car Accident Attorney Today!
If you have been involved in a car accident, contact the best Portland car accident lawyers & law firms as soon as possible. They will be able to advise you on what to do following the accident and protect your rights. Call a Portland car accident lawyer today!